Thursday, July 18, 2013
Money it's a Shame
Here is a music video my brother Shane did about coupons. The reason I show this to the class is that coupon clipping is something we do in my family to save money. The video is called the "Coupon Clippa" by Hurricane Shane.
What makes it difficult to attend school? What are your solutions?
When I finished High School I was worried of how or if I would be able to pay for College, because I knew the cost is steep and rising. My family, although they would if they could, are unable to help me pay for school. I talked with my High School counselor, she gave me some possible government aids to look into in order to help pay for school. Lucky I got a few government aids to help me pay for school. My next worry was paying for whatever school I transfer to, so I save. I really only spend on things that I want, only on things that I need. I'm doing well though, I am never hungry or without a home. Since I save most of my money I do not have a car right now, but I never have a problem getting to school. This is all because of my supportive family. I am extremely lucky to have such amazing parents and brothers to help me when I need it.
I do not have that many solutions, I know that there are some great scholarships out there. My other recommendation would to be careful with your spending. Avoid expensive coffee shops or buying expensive clothes. I would also advise students to be careful with student loans, since I have never taken any out I do not want to give anybody bad advice about them. So I would encourage others to do a lot of research on them, maybe even ask a counselor more about them. Another problem could be trouble getting into the classes you need, my advice would be to stick with them. Adding into classes is a great way to get into the classes you need. When all the statistic classes I needed were full, I stayed a week trying to add in. I did the homework, was there everyday, and asked the instructor if there was room everyday. Eventually it paid off and the instructor added me. Beware, it completely depends on the teacher. Once you ask if the class is full, ask if you can try adding into the class next class. If they ask you to leave and not to come back, listen to the instructor. It is risky to try and add into a class, but the alternative is not having that class.
Good luck to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment