Above is an inspirational song for anyone facing the same predicament as me!! Joe Esposito's "You're the Best Around."
The excellent filmed The Passion Project was made by Chabot College students. I have seen this film twice and I am glad I did. There is so many great concepts layered into this movie, that watching it twice really helped me see things that I missed. Our class assignment was to pick something in the film that spoke to us, and really you could just pluck out any moment from the film. The entire piece felt as if they were talking to me personally. I instantly thought of how great this would have been able to see during high school, it would have put out the fire of nervousness that was inside of me.
The biggest worry I had when entering college was that my major was undecided, it still is. I felt so grateful when they started talking in the film about how they undecided, once was undecided, or that it was alright to be.I guess because felt insecure about not knowing what I wanted to do, that I just tried to avoid talking about it. To know that several people feel like that too, is just what I needed to hear. Probably my favorite advice was when Samira said "[...] To know that my mind is undecided. To know that just just knowing that I'm undecided that I'm going to change every single day." What she said spoke to me because I had never heard anyone put it that way, it gave me such hope for myself. Knowing that you should never give up on yourself is vital. Taking on that point of view made me a lot happier. The best thing about thinking like that, is that oddly my future seems better than when I was planning my future like crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment